Public policy for fairness and efficiency I
Readings due before class on Monday, January 28, 2019
- Introduction and 3.1-3.6 in Economy, Society, and Public PolicyThe CORE Team, Economy, Society, and Public Policy, 2019, https://www.core-econ.org/espp/.
- The Veil of Ignorance
- The Fairness Principle: How the Veil of Ignorance Helps Test Fairness
- Alberto Alesina and George-Marios Angeletos, “Fairness and Redistribution: US vs. Europe”Alberto Alesina and George-Marios Angeletos, “Fairness and Redistribution: US Vs. Europe,” American Economic Review 95 (2005): 913–35.
- Download the PDF here, or access it on Learning Suite.
- This one is super mathy in the middle. Use your grad school reading skills to dig deep into the introduction, conclusion, and theory sections and not worry so much about the math.