Readings due before class on Monday, January 7, 2019
- Chapter 1 in Naked EconomicsCharles Wheelan, Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science, 2nd ed. (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2010).
- Introduction and 1.1–1.5 in Economy, Society, and Public PolicyThe CORE Team, Economy, Society, and Public Policy, 2019, https://www.core-econ.org/espp/.
- Larry Elliott, “Heretics welcome! Economics needs a new Reformation”
- “Dismal ignorance of the “dismal science”—a response to Larry Elliot"
- Tom Nichols, “How We Killed Expertise (And why we need it back.)”