Evaluating policies II
Materials for class on Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Helpful causal inference resources
- Judea Pearl, The Book of Why: accessible introduction and overview of DAGs and causal diagrams
- Scott Cunningham, “Causal Inference: The Mixtape”: practical tutorials of all the major econometrics approaches (DAGs, RCTs, natural experiments, regression discontinuity, synthetic controls, etc.). Includes Stata code—will eventually have R code too.
- Daggity: Draw DAGs online and handle pathway analysis semi-automatically
- ggdag: R package for drawing DAGs
- Nick Huntington’s Econ 305 class (code on GitHub): Excellent overviews of causal digrams and main econometric models starting in lectures 13–26
- Causal diagrams cheat sheet
- Daggity cheat sheet
Clearest and muddiest things
Go to this form and answer these three questions:
- What was the muddiest thing from class today? What are you still wondering about?
- What was the clearest thing from class today?
- What was the most exciting thing you learned?
I’ll compile the questions and send out answers after class.